Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i think i may have found a bug. when i post a new thread or reply, and want to upload a screen shot, i of course press the attachment button on the top of the message field, or the manage attachments button towards the bottom of the page. when i press either one of those, nothing happens. no windows open or anything. although sometimes it works fine.
posting this thread, its still not working

i mainly use google chrome sometimes IE8 on windows server 2003. but i have had the issue under windows 2000 pro with opera 10b2, and windows vista home premium using IE8. on the windows 2003 and 2000 was on wifi, vista
wired with eithernet.

·
Administrator
15,304 Posts
When you click on the Manage Attachments button, it creates a pop-up window. Make sure you don't have any software that might be blocking it.

(Feel free to report back when you find -- it may help others!)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i only have avast server edition on this computer. (the server 2003 laptop)
i disabled pop-ups again in safari, turned off avast, and windows firewall, and as you can see it let me upload an attachment. could it be windows firewall or windows defender? i use those on about every computer.

Attachments

·
Administrator
123,542 Posts
I doubt the Windows firewall would block it. You should troubleshoot trying one thing at a time since now you have it working. Turn one of those applications back on and see if it gets blocked again and keep doing that until you find the culprit. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.