Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Sorry for my bad englsih*.
I've got a new computer, here are the specs (However I think this is a software issue):
Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
CPU: Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
Graphics Card: Inno3D 9500GT
RAM: 2GB
HDD: WD 320GB

I've formatted the HDD:
C - 100GB - Windows XP Pro 32BIT
D - 220GB - Data

I installed some basic progs: IE7, WMP11, Office 2007 and more..
Everything went fine until I installed Norton Internet Security 2008 (came with mobo cd):
NIS identified a lot of system files like IEXPLORE.exe, WMP, log.scr (or somthing similiar), PINBALL.exe and more as a virus - W32/Polip and blocked them! I know how to restore them from quarantine and even disable the real time protection so I can use these files, but WHY IS IT HAPPENING?
this happens with AVG Free Antivirus 8.5 too.
I need a solution, and fast. Thank you very much in advance.

·
Administrator
123,535 Posts
It looks like you may have picked up a file infector, in which case another reformat would be the best way to solve it.

However, let's take a look.

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe.
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did all you said but before the log:
There was something with ubassist or something in my computer, maybe from my usb stick, because 2 of my partitions suddenly had autorn.inf with command that should open ubassist, and I have this ubassist autorun.inf in my stick too.
I read about it and tried to fix it with ComboFix and now I installed AVG 8.5 but it still identified these files as a W32/Polip.

Here's the log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 09:12:58, on 30/08/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0013)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\EasySaver\ESSVR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.il/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_2] regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32 (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ייצוא אל Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ES lite Service for program management. (ES lite Service) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\EasySaver\ESSVR.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
--
End of file - 3768 bytes

Thank you for trying to help me =)

·
Administrator
123,535 Posts
You should never use ComboFix on your own as it's a powerful tool and you could cause serious harm to your system if used improperly.

Having said that and since you have already run it, please post the log.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nevermind, I managed to solve it:
I ran Stinger version 3 (for W32/Polip) scan on my 4 infected computers and my Disk on Key. This removed the virus without harming the files.

It seems like one computer which is brought to me by a friend was infected, C: and D: had a file called autorun.inf in that commands to open DRIVE:\recycler\usbassist.exe
after I scanned with Stinger I deleted the autorun files on each computer & on my DOK.

NOW IM OK =)

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.