Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed IE7 and quite like it with two issues - i hope you can help me with

1) Favorites - when I want to add to favs - it opens every folder and subfolder - i now have 100's of favorites and this is quite annoying - is it possible to set to have a + sign so i can choose to open the folders ???

2) is it possible to set up a number of tabbed browsers and always have them open - i tried it and if you dont answer the question on closing or open another window and close - it forgets all the tabs

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The solution for Internet Explorer 7's comeback....is Firefox 2.

Add two extensions: PermaTabs (to maintain specific tabs to always open) and LinkWad (to make favorite tabs).

Courtney sends....

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Mine works fine. The only tab that closes is the one I close. I have organized my favorites with folders.
Try uninstalling and re-installing. Make sure anti-virus is disabled b4 re-installing.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have organized my favorites with folders
i have loads and loads of folders - but whenever i go to add a new file to favs all the folders are open and the list is huge

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
There is no plus sign, you just click on the name of the folder and it opens/closes. If I leave a folder open, the next time I open faves the folder is still open. When I click on the name of the folder it closes.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is when I want to add an item to my favorites - ijust get a huge list of folders and sub sub folders

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Are you using the star with the green plus sign to do this?
When I do it, I get a drop down list, click add to faves, then a new dialogue box opens and I can specify where to add it.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea - if you then click on the arrow next to favorites to open all the folders - they all open with a huge list every folder - sub folder - subsub folder

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Well then it is working properly.
Try using less folders and renaming the bookmarks to what it is instead of the default it is given and then sort each folder.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i knew it was working correctly - just need to change
And I have a very organised set of folders and do not use the default name

another new feature from MS :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't like that feature either, etaf. I have found a way around this so that it's like the previous IE versions. You can try it and see if you like it better.
Go to Tools on the far right hand side of the page. Click on the down arrow, then check the menu bar option. Now when you click on favorites, it's works like the older version of IE. No more gobs of folders and subfolders. :p

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i tried that before - but still does not work

Favorites>
add to favorites>
then if i click on the folder - it opens all my folders and subfolders and subfolders and as i scrolll down it just becomes confusing because of indents ....

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks - I wont be going back to IE6 just because of this - shame - hopefully will be fixed in IE7SP1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.