Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I’m not sure if I have a problem or not.
I recently upgraded to IE6 and have had problems I never had with IE5.5. I continually have to refresh because the web address I’m accessing takes ages to load; I’m presented with Page not available; page cannot be displayed; images such as Tech Guy’s new post markers etc., being blank; the red-X square instead of pictures; and others.

I cleared all temporary internet files and cookies, ran Adaware; ran virus checker; thorough scandisk, defragged, then re-installed IE6. But the problem remained. I searched for answers but couldn’t find any - apart from vague hints that it could be a RAM problem.

Then I ran Reg Spanner. When I ran System File Checker (checks the integrity of system files), I was given error screens about files being corrupted. I was given 3 options: 1. Update Verification Information; 2. Restore File From Installation Disk; 3. Ignore.

Now I understand the Ignore bit. I ignored all the error screens to be safe. (Please see attachment.) But I cannot perform number 2, because Windows was pre-installed on my computer. Now... Number 1. The error window told me to check this option “if I knew that the file had been updated.” Could my re-installation of IE6 be the updates in question?

If that is the case, what could have been the problem with IE6 before the update?

Kind Regards

jrob

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I need lessons in how to send text attachments!!

jrob

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Rocky1

That was an initial thought I had, but I decided I'd try to find out whether I had a specific problem or not.

However, I think I'll follow my first thoughts and your advice. I'll let you know if my problems have disappeared.

Kind Regards

jrob

·
Registered
92 Posts
;) I thought I had some major problems...then I said, "my problems didn't start until I installed IE 6."...I done everything you did....after reinstalling IE 5.5, my problems disappeared

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
jrob,

Just curious here, what did you hope to gain when you installed IE6.0?

I really wish I had the answers to the problem you've encountered, but I don't.
Have you tried like a Search on the topic yet?
You might try that here and maybe elswhere too, I am sure that a data base of IE6.0 problems is building fast.

DS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.