Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running on a Windows 2000 network with about 20 client machines. We run Windows 98, 2000, and XP on the client workstations. Some of the workstations have no problem opening IE and getting onto the internet. Other client workstations (both Windows 98 and XP) cannot get onto the internet. We keep getting the message “cannot find server or DNS error.

Also, the workstations that are having the problem seem to vary. Some times workstations that are having problems suddenly work OK and workstations that were not having problems suddenly begin having problems.

In the past, all these workstations had no problem getting onto the internet. Also, the workstations that cannnot access the internet have no problem accessing the network. I’ve checked all the settings and they appear to be OK. I’ve tried resetting the workstations and that hasn’t helped.

Can anyone give me some incite to what may be causing this problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You're not alone. My home computer was doing the exact same thing about an hour ago. It was happening also on Mozilla. I started running an adaware just to cover all bases, and the sites started working (don't think that had anything to do with fixing it, as the scan had not completed and nothing had yet been fixed). Not sure what happened. Anybody know?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.