Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Bonk - Just out of curiosity. If you don't have IE7 installed how do you know there is an option to disable the startup message? ;) :D

HipHoper - Do you get this message when you start IE7 or when you start Windows?

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Try this from an open IE7

Tools -> Internet Options ->Advanced ->Reset Internet Explorer Settings (Towards Bottom) -> Click Reset Button

exit out and reboot the computer

·
Registered
31 Posts
That looks like the type of message you would get if you tried to run it and passed bad arguments on the command line or through a shortcut. Are you running it from the originally installed shortcut or did you create a new shortcut on the desktop, etc.?

If so, see if there are any command line arguments specified in that shortcut. If there are any other places to run it from such as the Quick Launch, Start Menu, etc. try those and see if you get the same errors.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ratboy said:
Bonk - Just out of curiosity. If you don't have IE7 installed how do you know there is an option to disable the startup message? ;) :D

HipHoper - Do you get this message when you start IE7 or when you start Windows?
Yes when windows starts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ozrom1e said:
Try this from an open IE7

Tools -> Internet Options ->Advanced ->Reset Internet Explorer Settings (Towards Bottom) -> Click Reset Button

exit out and reboot the computer
Yes I actually did that but it turned out to be not a solution Thank you:up:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
doyle.jack said:
That looks like the type of message you would get if you tried to run it and passed bad arguments on the command line or through a shortcut. Are you running it from the originally installed shortcut or did you create a new shortcut on the desktop, etc.?

If so, see if there are any command line arguments specified in that shortcut. If there are any other places to run it from such as the Quick Launch, Start Menu, etc. try those and see if you get the same errors.
It doesn't show up when I launch the application, it pops up the same time the taskbar icons are being loaded even if I don't use it. At the begining I thought it was a bunch of shorcuts that you might use to use some of the new features in IE7. I've tried to use some of the commands like
Code:
 /help         Displays this message
or the others. If you just take a look at the pic I uploaded you will immedaitely notice that they are commands but I don't how or where to use them. I just want to disable this nagging message.

Thank you all..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
HipHoper,

Those appear to be command-line switches that you can use when running the IE7 installation. Check the Startup tab of MSCONFIG for the IE7 setup file. It may be something similar to: IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

If you don't see anything there and you are comfortable making changes to the Registry, go to the following keys and look for the IE7 setup file listed in the right-hand pane:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

If you still don't see anything try re-installing IE7.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ratboy said:
HipHoper,

Those appear to be command-line switches that you can use when running the IE7 installation. Check the Startup tab of MSCONFIG for the IE7 setup file. It may be something similar to: IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

If you don't see anything there and you are comfortable making changes to the Registry, go to the following keys and look for the IE7 setup file listed in the right-hand pane:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

If you still don't see anything try re-installing IE7.
None of them found even after re-installing IE7 :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.