Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:)

I am new to this forum, so please everyone, excuse the limited knowledge I have on pc matters!

I have Vista & downloaded software for my webcam. That was fine but I decided to use Windows messager live as the one to communicate. That downloaded fine, except that it set itself to Autostart. This I was able to disable so that I use my webcam when needed but I noticed at the beginning when it was at autostart, Internet Explorer automatically started up as well!

Now I've disabled Windows Live Messenger, I cannot find anywhere where the IE starts up from! I've searched Event Viewer, Start up on Winpatrol & task manager but it does not show IE as an Autostart.

Where can I find this file which starts IE as soon as I boot up please? At first it was just a minor issue, but now it is really annoying because I cannot start anything until IE pops open & I close it.

Hope someone can help, & many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can try this....

To find IE -->click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer.

To reset Internet Explorer settings, follow these steps:
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools on the toolbar, and then click Internet Options.
3. On the Advanced tab, click Reset, and then click OK.
4. Test Internet Explorer to determine whether the problem is resolved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply & I tried your suggestion last night, but when I booted up this morning the same thing happened only IE started earlier!

Plus I still cannot find anything and I reset all my files back to default & it still happens. Plus again, I've even uninstalled Live Messenger & it sttill happens, even after a CClean scan!

I am completely baffled!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.