Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 4 months ago, I began having problems with IE Locking up when I would go to a website, not allowing me to do anything on that site; I would have to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL to exit out of the site.

I thought by downloading IE 7.0, that might help my problem, but I was wrong. In fact, it locked up more than before, and I got so frustrated, I uninstalled 7.0 and put 6.0 back on the computer, and downloaded Mozilla Firefox.

I now continue to use both browsers, but I prefer IE. I even had a system analysis performed about six weeks ago, and some trojoans were found, but no viruses. They recommended I use Panda on my system and I now have it, though I have to shut it off when I log onto the NET because it blocks me from getting on.

I have tried everything I know to do, virus scans, trojan scans, cache cleanout, etc, and nothing seems to work. I have just performed a scan using ad aware, and it picked up 52 suspicous files, and all of those have been deleted...those files being tacked on only in the past six weeks or so.

Would appreciate any feedback to help me solve this annoying problem.

Thanks,
Fred B

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
do you have any problems when using firefox...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I use Mozilla....I resorted to that several months ago, and use it a lot of the time. Howeve, the only problem with Mozilla is that it is incompatible with a Trading Software Program that I use, not that I use the two simultaneously, but I was told to never use Firefox when doing anything associated with the program, so I Don't. So I do like to use IE, but this continousl locking up is a definite hassle. The recent scans I did found about 80 items, including worms and trojans, but I am still getting lockups.

Any tips would be appreciated.d
Fred B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.