Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed IE 6.0 now i get this error and the following Error

IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff886d4.
Registers:
EAX=c0030bfc CS=0167 EIP=bff886d4 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=0058d55c SS=016f ESP=00550000 EBP=0055008c
ECX=8177b16c DS=016f ESI=8176e620 FS=3f0f
EDX=bff76855 ES=016f EDI=005500a4 GS=0000

and this error too.

EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:6964696f.
Registers:
EAX=01bff868 CS=0167 EIP=6964696f EFLGS=00010246
EBX=01bff868 SS=016f ESP=01bc0004 EBP=01bc0024
ECX=01bc00a8 DS=016f ESI=8177605c FS=19ef
EDX=bff76855 ES=016f EDI=01bc00d0 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:

I uninstalled 6.0 and now I have IE 5.01. I am so stuck.. I cant go to anything. my computer, Internet explorer, windows explorer..

Now I get it all the time when I try to open something.
Word works, other programs work but nothing like Windows Explorer or stuff like that works. I can use the Run command line but that is all. Anyway.. Is there a program or something that will help me completely remove IE from my system.. it really screwed my system. Well I appreciate all your help fixing this problem.. thanks.

Need-

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You mentioned you uninstalled IE 6 (which is when the probs got worse). Are you back to 5.01 now then? I can't remember if IE 5.01 has the repair option or not but let's check. Can you get to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs? Do you see IE listed there? If you choose it, do you have an option to Repair?

When did you first install IE6? If not longer than 5 days ago, reboot in dos mode and then type 'scanreg /restore' (without the quotes and there's a space before the '/') and restore a registry from before this occurred. This might get you functioning better than you are now... and then can go from there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can't go into Add/Remove programs. I can't get into anything that has a IE shell. Unless I can get to it from the run command line.

As far a scareg /restore i did run this 5 days back.
No luck there either

I ran scanreg /fix
scandisk

I think that I need a tool to completely remove IE out of the system. There is bad file somewhere.. Now I am on IE 5.01 when I was on IE 6.0 I got Illegal opps but after I rebooted I was able to go into IE for a while then illegal opps came up again.. so I uninstalled and now I get them all the time. No matter what Illegal opp.. in any IE Shells.

Thanks please help this sucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried SFC..

If I so another OS copy.. What will I lose.
Will I still have the programs I have now?
WIll I lose documents and settings?
Personal files or no.. no worries installing new OS... T or F.

thanks

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
What OS do you currently have? You shouldn't lose anything by installing the same OS over itself. I wouldn't suggest installing a different OS (upgrade) over what you have until this problem is resolved.

·
Super Moderator
37,527 Posts
Hiya

Sorry to pop in. This isn't about the fact that you cannot access IE, but about the errors. You had kernel32.dll and also unknown.

You could try AddAware www.lavasoftusa.com
Ensure all the boxes regarding deep registry scan are checked. You can remove all it says, except any referneces to Web3000. You can post the log if you want.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can not access IE at all.. Can't open it cant do squat in Safe Mode or Normal mode. This is part of the problem.. I get Illegal opps when I try to OPEN any thing that has an IE Shell..

Thanks will that software still help me with this issue.

·
Super Moderator
37,527 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,527 Posts
Okay

Are all the illeagle operations the same? ie, kernel32.dll or unknown

its the fourth program down. The zip is called StartLog.zip.

As for AddAware, you want the latest version.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Illegal opp that comes up most is the kernel32.dll
IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff886d4
that one comes up more but they both come up when i go into IE or like i stated before.. my computer, windows explorer, add/ remove programs, winfile, anything like that.. but the problem is yes IE.

I will try that tool...

thanks for your help..

:(

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
There are some problems with the IEradicator tool, but not as serious as you seem to be experiencing. It removes the "desktop update" component of IE, which may not be re installed on some downloads. This results in the desktop icon and its functionality missing from quicklaunch-- and script errors when opening certain folders with "view as webpage" selected. I'm not sure exactly how people who encounter this problem resolve it. Possiblly by reinstalling from the CD and then upgrading.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.