Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IE5.5/Windows98SE

I have enabled my browser for javascript errors. When visiting sites with popup windows, I am getting the error "This class does not support automation." When the windows pop up......

It is also crashing alot. "Error this has performed an illegal action and needs to be shut down".....something like that.

I ran a repair on the browser and it says that it can't be repaired and that I am missing these files:

File Dispex.dll is missing
File scrrun.dll is missing

I tried reinstalling IE5.5 but am getting the same errors and the same repair report..........

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Balzac.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I extracted the dll files from my 98 windows cd and these are the errors it's giving me when I try to repair the browser

Internet Explorer 5.5 cannot be repaired due to the following errors:

Version 5.0.0.3715 of file DISPEX.DLL exists, but the version needs to be greater than 5.1.0.4615
Version 5.0.0.3715 of file SCRRUN.DLL exists, but the version needs to be greater than 5.1.0.4615

Try the Microsoft DCOM98 for Windows 98 ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TonyKlein,

You're the man! That upgrade was the ticket. No missing file readings on repair and it seems that the error readings (from pop up windows ---"Error this class does not support automation") are gone.

I'm still getting some error reports (error this program has performed an illegal acton and must be shut down)
but that only happens when I try to use some funky coding.

Thanks again,
Balzac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.