Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just upgraded to 5.01 SP2 and I've noticed a small problem with it. I save shortcuts on my Link bar in IE. And certain web pages will store it's own "icon" instead of the generic Explorer one, if you have that website saved in your favorites first. I made some for my own websites as well. ESPN, CNN, Weather, etc... are all examples of sites that do this.

But I noticed that since I upgraded that IE will not permanantly save these specific icons. I can get them to temporarily stick, but they will eventually convert back to the standard IE icon.

Does anyone know why? It's just annoying that's all....

Thanks!
Jason

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Jpop
To make a long story short the favorite Icons are stored in a folder called favicon when the favorites tab is selected the program looks in the favicon folder first for a corresponding Icon and if not found it defaults to the generic e.
To make matters worse the favicon gets wiped out when you clear temp I-net files. Isn't that great. Also when you upgrade from 4.0 the Icons are not transferred.
Call it a bug? No I wouldn't. Call it a bad design? Most certainly.
Anyway there is a program I use and its free call FavOrg; when invoked it researches your favorites folder and searches the internet for the corresponding Icons and reestablishes them.
If you do a search through www.google.com keying in favorg you will find much info and many sites for download.
Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.