Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do I change sizes of desktop shortcut icons together with font sizes and eveything else on the screen. display/appearance/menue/font size doesn't do much. also, huge text occurs randomly (after my kids play internet games - if that's [email protected]!).

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
to change icon size on the desktop you go to properties & appearances... to change font size you go to properties /settings / advance & change the size of the font to large

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
you name the scheme after you create it if you like.
Not necessary to enlarge icons...
see the middle address window at the bottom... click the scroll arrow & go to icon... the size #'s appear to the right... you can change the # there

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
properties/settings/ advanced settings/ display address window??

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
Howdy

"how do I change sizes of desktop shortcut icons together with font sizes and eveything else on the screen."

Are you possibly trying to change the whole screen size...on the settings tab.click and hold on the slider in Screen Area and move to the left or right.

buck

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
pmarc what is the total desktop size

800 x 600?? or what?
if the display size is larger than that...change it back to 800 x 600
and I think your problem of everything being to small will be cured.
Have you been to start/settings/control panel/systems/device manager & found your display adapter & tried to update the drivers? You should

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm ok now on the desktop.

In M.IE, O. Express, and other aps, particulary on-line, everything's way too large despite adjusting font size in the ap. All the buttons are too large also.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
go back to the paths I sent you to at first... make the adjustments there back to normal

SavvyLady to change icon size on the desktop you go to properties & appearances... to change font size you go to properties /settings / advance & change the size of the font to large
then after you do that if all is normal but the font ...try making it smaller on the browser in View/text

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Did you update your display driver?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no, didn't update drivers - however, I figured out everything. thanx. it's an interplay between a lot of screen and font customizing to get your optimal conditions.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
It's been a while since I've run W95 but I think it had the same options to setup individual UserProfiles. If you want to, take a look and see if the instructions are the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.