Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
This is often taken care of by a restart in Safe Mode, then a restart in Normal Mode, but you can try this:

Download TweakUI here. You want the 147 KB version on the right.

After download & install go to Repair => Rebuild Icons.

Restart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran the tool and rebooted to safe mode. Those did not work. I figured I would just change the icons and that is when I got the errors shown in the image below. Is there anyway to fix this?

Jeff

MY it support did say there was a virus or trojan on the computer and they cleaned it up but it left this problem. They are also looking at this problem but if they don't fix it they will wipe the computer clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If it's only those few icons, and not a widespread condition, what happens if you locate the program the shortcut is pointing to (target) and the right-click and 'Send shortcut to Desktop'?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Jeff, Your max iconcache may need to be increased. Go to the link below and scroll down to line 166 (right column) and download the "Add Icon Cache Size to Folder Options/View" .reg file. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. This will give you 4 icon cache choices under the View tab in Folder Options. You can experiment with the choices starting with the smallest first. See if this corrects your problem.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Tufenuf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.