Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the icon indicating remaining battery life on my gateway vista operated lap top is no longer displayed. I thus cannot see how much power I have remaining when operating on battery. This fault appears to have occurred at about the same time as i lost the ability to read the SD cards I insert. Could the errors be related and both require the same fix/remedy. What should I try?

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
If it's this easy...right click the start menu button, and select Properties. Go to the notification area tab and make sure that POWER is checked. Otherwise I'm not sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.
It was as you said a simple repair action. I don't know why I was unable to locate that procedure in the help files. I would like to add that I have no memory of altering those settings that caused the battery icon to disappear. In my fumbling I had discovered a way of reading the battery status through the catalyst control center but was unable to do an adjustment from that mode. Obviously the fault of my SD card reader being inoperative is a different issue.
I am however currently reading the contents of the sd card by using an adapter through a USB connection. If you have any comments on that one i would appreciate it.
thanks again
Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.