Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
pancho666 said:
I thought I'de already asked this question but I cant find it. What is quot.
quot - summarizes file system ownership

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
pancho666 said:
I thought I'de already asked this question but I cant find it. What is quot.
if he regularly sees it in the forum I'll bet its "quote" and not "quot"
in that case:

"Generally, to quote something means to repeat something from another source without changing it." - quoted from Wikipedea

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw this question "I know my previous question 0n the &Quot: has been answered but now I never see any "xxx"&Quot:xxx&Quot: in answers to questions." I have seen this word a few times in questions I dont know what it is can someone tell me. At first I thought they [email protected] spell quote, but I dont think its that. I can find some more questions with Quot in them if you need them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It is html code for a quotation mark and should not be appearing in the text. Might be down to sloppy coding or the browser not recognising it properly. I have tried it with IE, Firefox and Opera and all seem to recognise it. Maybe older versions do not??

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/entities/special.html

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
pancho666 said:
I saw this question "I know my previous question 0n the &Quot: has been answered but now I never see any "xxx"&Quot:xxx&Quot: in answers to questions." I have seen this word a few times in questions I dont know what it is can someone tell me. At first I thought they [email protected] spell quote, but I dont think its that. I can find some more questions with Quot in them if you need them.
If you ever see it again, take a screen shot of it and post it :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.