Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse in advance the long post, but I will try to give as much info as possible up front.

Cutting to the chase, first, my fonts folder in the control panel is empty, so I cannot read anything that my system needs to translate. I am sure that this error occured 18 inches from the monitor, but I am not sure how.

Another glitch that has occured along with the above is when I run the W2K disk from windows; Everything was good until I needed to type in my CD Key, and then my keyboard would not work. Yes, I am typing from that keyboard right now.

Another glitch is that I can't find my ERD's; I know RIGHT where they are supposed to be :confused: (I wonder if my son built a new fort in his bedroom????))

So, I boot into the recovery console, and it asks for the administrator's password. I never set a password, and had everything set to not require passwords (physical security is not a problem here). So, the recovery console seems to be out.

I browsed the OS CD, hoping to find the font pack, copy and paste it in, but what I am seeing is not clear to me, and I don't need another 18 inches from monitor error right now. :rolleyes:

I can read nothing on the system that might help me; even when setup and installation screens come up, I have to do them from memory.

Is there a simpler solution to this?

I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anet, and thanks!

The instructions on that page (for NT) do not match what I see when I open the W2K regedit. Additionally, my fonts folder is empty (@ control panel).

I did notice, however, that the registry value "REG_SZ" is not set. This appears to be a default value, and it may be the problem.

My research capabilities are a bit limited due to my problem, so I am hoping that I can ger pointed in the right direction (again).

:up:
Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.