Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Yes, I think so. Search the web for "broadband fax" (w/o the quotes).

You really don't have a working dial-up modem in the computer?

·
Registered
538 Posts
There is a possibility to fax with Word, but you need a faxaccount for that with a broadbandinterface, most providers have that facitity. There is another option if you have an old 57k modem. With a program like Bitware you can send a fax trough the phoneline and even recieve them. I'm using this option allways hor faxes. Works marvellous.

If you open up from start /printers and faxes and press the upper LH button you'll see that fax is there to configure, you need perhaps the installationCD and the faxservice will be installed. After that you can send a fax with a faxmodem/ a 57Kb modem for the telephone is needed. The faxservice will be accessible in Word under the printer that you have to choose, not the upper button in the taskbar. But under Printoptions.

bernardus

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
GAD! I you have a word document file, you can use something like CutePDF to print it to a PDF file and email it. No need to scan the thing, what does that accomplish?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.