Hello fittens and welcome back to the Tech Support Guy ForumsWarning!
The steps presented in these posts are for this person and machine ONLY. Do not apply these steps to your own system, without the guidance of a trained malware removal helper. Doing so, may possibly damage your system, preventing it from starting.
My name is capnkrunch and I will be helping you with your malware problems. I'm an Undergraduate trainee at Malware Removal University, and as such my posts to you have to first be checked by a Teacher, because of this my replies to your posts may be slightly delayed. Please be patient and I'm sure we'll be able to resolve your problems.
Before we begin, please read and follow these important guidelines, so things will proceed smoothly.
- The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
- You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
- DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so.
- DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process.
- Only post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
- Print each set of instructions, if possible. Your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
- Only reply to this thread, do not start another ... Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean".
Remember, absence of symptoms does mean the infection is all gone.
- Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Note: If you haven't done so already, please read this topic Everyone MUST read this BEFORE posting for help in this forum where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.
For your safety and protection, I would advise backing up all your important documents, personal data files and photos to a CD or DVD drive as some infections may render your computer unbootable during or before the disinfection process. The safest practice is not to backup any files with the following file extensions:Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care, not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
exe, .scr, .ini, .htm, .html, .php, .asp, .xml, .zip, .rar, .cab as they may be infected.
- For Windows Vista/7 - How to back up or transfer your data on a Windows-based computer
- For Windows 8.1 - Set up a drive for File History
- For Windows 10 - Back up and restore your files
- If your computer won't boot - How to use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from your dead Windows Computer
Before we begin I need you to run a scan for me.
- Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) by Farbar, and save it to your Desktop.Note: if you are unsure what your system is download and run both. Only the correct one will run.
- Close all open programs and windows so you are at your Desktop.
- Right click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator.
- When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button and wait while the scan finishes.
- Once finished, two files will open: FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of both logs in your reply.
The logs can also be found in the same directory where FRST was run from.
Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter.
Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections...
In your next reply please include:
- Did you have any problems with the instructions?
- Are there any changes in computer behavior?