Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having trouble with links in my address bar of my IE. I would like to get rid of them because i dont know how they got there and either does no one else in my family. I can delete my history, clear cookies, and and delete offline content and files but they still seem to come up. If you type the first letters of the site in it pops up. How do i make them go away?
Thanks

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
In internet explorer click tools, internet options, on the content tab click 'auto complete' and uncheck the boxes of the items you don't want remembered. Web addresses being the one you are asking about.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would stop all of the websites from coming up. There are only some that i dont want. Is there some way to delete them out of the address bad? If i do it that way i can only pick to not have any websites show up when i only dont want a few, also would the websites still be there even though you cant see them when you type them in or am i wrong because it is a huge possibility. I thought i happened to read that somewhere but am unsure about it.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Start>>Run>>Regedit
Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs
Delete the keys/values you don't want.
The keys are numbered- rename them so they're in order (URL1, URL2, URL3, etc.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That did work, but i was typing i nthe wrong thing. opps. Those websites are ok though because I have been to them since i cleared my history, its the websites that dont go away after i clear istory and arent in my favourites that are giving me a problem. They arent in that list that showed up under typed urls. I want to know how to get rid of these sites? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No,they are still there. I wish i knew what was going on. If anyone knows how to get rid of them id appreciate it. Thanks for the help so far brendandonhu and everyone else.

Does this sound like it might do the trick. http://www.teosoft.com/go/index.htm

I dont want to download it in case it is spyware itself, but has anyone heard of it before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.