Tech Support Guy banner

I have noob driver mechanics question between linux/linux

129 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  icynaps24/7
Hello guys I've been struggling with with my newly installed Linux Mint 19 install on my poor single core AMD machine and am planning on fully migrating to FossaPup 9.5 Puppy Linux, that's my fault for not doing my full due diligence and I've been paying for it LOL.

My question is about a usb wireless adaptor driver that I'm currently using right now all the time on this particular distro of Linux mint as the only means of network connection at this moment for a while... I want to know how Id go about pulling this driver, information and where to download the exact or equivalent for the migration to Puppy Linux. For some reason this driver is working excellent with this distro but that wasn't always the case a matter of fact I rarely got this usb adapter working in Linux or Windows in the past. I had heard folks make their own custom Puppy Linux distros but I don't know the basics of how that actually works yet. The point is I'm not going to be online to install by using sudo apt-get or build repositories I'm going to have to do this in a removable storage friendly way. I had already downloaded the windows version of this driver and migrated it over to XP via thumb drive without any luck yet in getting it working but it did install and I'm not done playing with it yet.

Card-2: Belkin F6D4050 N150 Enhanced Wireless Network Adapter v2000 [Ralink RT3070]

driver: rt2800usb v: 2.3.0 usb-ID: 001-004 chip-ID: 050d:935b

I don't know how the driver can be installed on Puppy Linux or if it already has some equivalent waiting for me.

Any suggestions appreciated Thank You
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
If you are not going to be online with the new Puppy Linux how will you be able to test it to see if it works ?
If you are not going to be online with the new Puppy Linux how will you be able to test it to see if it works ?
Yes exactly. Well I finally got my Belkin usb network adapter working with windows XP partition on my dual boot with Linux mint and that's how I'm on the forum right now but before I could only get the adaptor working with Mint. I'm probably just going to allocate some of Linux Mints partition to Fossapup and grow from there see what will and will not work on this distro but one thing is for sure.... Mint is going away because it runs horrible on this machine compaired to XP with tons of processess and tabs open in the background xp still beats it. I'm still going to give it a shot on another desktop just not this desktop.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts