Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a Sound problem , and can't fix it

990 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Hello . I have an issue with my sound. it doesn't matter if I have my 5.1 speakers or my 7.1 headset .

ok. so when I am playing games (pubg, metro 2033,dota),or watching a movie (not idle, when idle no problems) , I get what it sounds like a power cut or my fridge is starting . problem is I hear it in the speaker/headset.
when that happens , whatever I have selected at that point it switches . lets say I wear the headphones , the win 10 will think I disconnected them and it will switch do speakers.
It doesn't happen like that the other way around , when on speakers , sound just cuts 3 times for a second , but then no problems for the next 10-15 mins.
computer is not shutting down , to fix it I just have to plug/unplug the heaphones
from time to time , I get peripherals lock , mouse and keyboard , but that is rare 1 time a month .

PSU RM1000x 1000w(too big)
GPU radeon rx390(too low)
RAM 16 GB(ok)
CPU ryzen 7 2700(good)
AMD stock wraith CPU Cooler(ok)
windows runs on Nwme games on ssd , others on hdd

See less See more
#4 ·
OK, that is a lower end gigabyte board. It uses the older 887 codec rather than the newer 1220 codec and uses the realtek lan rather than the more expensive intel lan. In any case, there are still some things you can try;
1 Go to the support page for your board; https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf
2 Download the following; chipset driver and realtek sound driver. Note there are various drivers on the support page; be sure you download the latest one with support for the 1909 update
3 Install the chipset driver and reboot when prompted. Install the realtek driver and again reboot when prompted
4 See if it works now. If it works fine, great. If it still has the problem, boot the system with a linux live usb. See if the same issue exists under linux. If so, then the hardware ie motherboard chip is defective. If it works ok under linux, then you know it is a driver/windows/software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.