Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help? I am using a USB wireless networking device. I want to change the channel on it for better reception, but I don't know my network username and password. I have seen my password before but I have forgotten to write it down. I remember not seeing a network username, only a password. Can anyone help me by finding out what my network account is??

·
Super Moderator
74,222 Posts
Hello Dem0n Leader and welcome to TSG.

Can you provide a few more details?

1) Exactly what kind of wireless USB device are you working with?

2) Are you using the device to connect to some type of wireless access point or router? If so, do you have a way of accessing it with a another PC?

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
If you have the manual to the router it should state what the default name and password is. If it has been changed from the default and cannot remember then you will have to reset the router using the protocol defined in the users manual. Most times the reset procedure is pushing in the reset button and holding for a few seconds. After the modem resets itself then the default user name and password should work.
Note: If you cannot find the users manual then go online and locate under the support tab for the particular Manufacturer and model you have.

Also if you changed the default IP address for the router make sure you revert back to using the original 192.168.1.1 (see manufacturer default address in manual) after you have reset the router.

Hope that helps

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.