Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a new hard drive on my computer...everything is up and running fine except I don't have any sound. My soundboard is manufactured by Cirrus Logic (at least it said Cirrus Logic Crystal WDM Audio Codec under sound on my old hard drive), but I can not see a model # anywhere. My OS is Windows 98SE. How can I get the right driver to get my sound back?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
1) is the sound built into your motherboard? If so you will need to go to your motherboard manufacturer and download the drivers.

2) If a soundcard, you will need to go to your soundcard drivers manufacturer to get them.

If you are not sure of your motherboard/soundcard manufacturer you can try a program such as aida32 and see if it will identify it for you. If you go that route, download the enterprise edition.

The other option is to crack your case open and look at the soundcard/motherboard for manufacturer information and model numbers and we can go from there.

EDIT:

If its from a major manufacturer such as dell, compaq, etc you can post the model number and we can usually find them for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.