Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a Linksys wireless router model # befw11s4. I dont have the cd rom for it. I also have a wpc11 version 4 wireless-b notebook adapter. I dont have the cd rom for it either. I went to the linksys website, and they wanted me to pay $30 for the drivers. So I looked at the forums, and someone posted on there to just type in the ip address of 192.168.1.1 in the browser, and you can set it up through there. Well I tried that, but it keeps saying oops, page not found. I dont know what else to do. The last time I needed drivers I got them straight from linksys.com. Can anyone please help me out? Do I need to reset my computers ip address or the routers? How do I do that? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Are you trying to do this wirelessly or are you connected to the router by ethernet cable? You need to do it connected by ethernet

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Linksys never charges for drivers, so something went wrong there.
Have you connected the modem to the WAN/Internet Port of the router?
Is the ethernet port on the desktop showing a light?

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Try disconnecting the lan port cables then pressing the reset button and holding it for about 30seconds. then reconnect one of the lan port cables. Open your browser it should automatically open up the set up page. leave the user name blank and enter admin in the password box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.