Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i want to permanently disable touchpad (as in, i dont wanna always manually disable it when my pc wakes up from sleep) when my wireless mouse is connected (which is always connected)

now, i used to be able to turn this function on...wherever it was, i think it was in the mouse settings.

BUT, i cant access the mouse settings. that is, when i go control panel, hardware and sound, and click the MOUSE option as seen in pic below, NOTHING HAPPENS! mouse settings wont open! pretty sure i tried udpating both mouse and touchpad drivers as well.

how to fix this plz? help very much appreciated.
Azure Rectangle Font Line Parallel

·
Trusted Advisor
26,014 Posts

·
Trusted Advisor
26,014 Posts
I think it is because it is 8.1 - all manner of strange behaviours seem to be occuring on 8.1
Please explore the additional ways suggested on the link - albeit it is for HP as I said many are the same

What is available on device manager please
Click Device Manager
then scroll down and click
mice and other pointing devices
touchpad
Is there a touchpad icon on the F keys of the laptop

What is the full model of the MSI please

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alrite boyo...weirdest hting happeened..for the last 2 days the touchpad isnt activating..so it has spoontaneously resolved....goblins haha

thanks anyway...so its solved for now thanks

·
Trusted Advisor
129,101 Posts
How to mark a thread solved.

Above your first post in this thread, but below the black bar, on the right-hand side, you will see a "kabob" menu (three vertical dots). Click that and select edit. You will see a drop down in front of the thread title that says "Prefix". Drop that and "Solved" should be one of your options.

Real simple, huh? Who needs a dedicated button that does this in a single mouse click? ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts