Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running on Windows XP with Microsoft's Internet Explorer 6.0.

At some point, my account's font size or style has been changed to a larger size, making some websites difficult to read or to load differently. I would like to change the size back to normal.

I have tried: changing font sizes through the above "view" and "text size" buttons, holding down "CTRL" and using my mouse to scroll through text sizes, changing text accessibility through the interent options, and STILL I'm getting nowhere.

I noticed that these above changes effected most text size, but did NOt effect hyperlink text size.

Let me give an example:
The first attached file is a screenshot, entitled "screenproblem," that shows a website with my problem. The second file is a screenshot, entitled "noproblemscreen," that shows how the website normally loads. I got this screenshot by logging into another account on the SAME computer that obviously does not have this format issue. As you can see, there are many differences in how the two accounts interpret the site-- my account formats the site with no background colors, hyperlinks are enlarged, etc.

How can I fix this? It's very aggrevating and I cannot think of how to do it!

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Have you tried viewing with another browser?

It appears that the sites style sheet isn't loading.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny-- that's exactly what I tried after posting. What doesn't work on Internet Explorer 6.0 apparently doesn't work on Mozilla's Firefox either.

Is there anything account specific on a Windows XP that could account for style sheets to be improperly loaded? It's not just the zagat website that this seems to be happening on...

Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
this might be a stable, but some themes could possibly do this. that is one thing I know that is account specific.

-you could create another admin account, and see if you get the same thing that way
-you can also attempt to change your current theme (before you change, you might want to save your current one if you are using a custom theme so you can fine tweak it later if this works). simply right click on the desktop, PROPERTIES, APPEARANCE(tab), and try changing the information there

like I said, jsut a stab in the dark :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.