Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have two new set-top boxes made by Humax. These are the HDR Fox-T2 and the HD Fox-T2. I wish these to be able to communicate through my wireless home network in such a way that the HD Fox-T2 can download (watch) programmes saved on the HDR Fox-T2 and both be able to independently view files (eg pictures) saved on my main PC. From what I read about these Humax prodicts this 'should' be possible. My knowledge of the networking is limited so please try to be gentle with any advice! I presume that I will need a WAP on each box, but what settings to use to allow the home network and the Humax boxes to both recognise them is beyond me.
Regards.
John.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
I have a HDR-FOX-T2 and have it connected to the Intenet via a WAP - I used the Edimax EW-7209APg WAP , as it have 5 ethernet posts and so I could use the one device to connect the PVR and also connect the TV
it works very well

I have a server on the router and can access media, videos, music, pictures etc and works well, also using veracast on the TV

I have just recently started to play with TVersity as a media server, which also does file conversion on the fly to play FLV files - although still very early days

I dont think you can stream between devices - this is the planned update for the HDR - now due in January !!! but dont hold your breath this has been due for release since about September

Theres a useful thread running at avforums on this device - its up to part 4 and some very long posts - but I think in part two was the edimax discussion and how to set up
http://www.avforums.com/forums/pvrs...dr-fox-t2-hd-pvr-master-thread-part-four.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.