Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:
Just lately ive been getting quite a few spam posts on my site 12-20 a week.My moderators are very much "On the ball" so i dont see many but they seem to be the same spam link every time so i can only presume its the same idiot using a different name i am sure its not a spambot because i have security measures and whoever is posting this has altered the viewing profile (Theme etc) and i havent known a spambot to do this.Also its always a different I.P address which is the real problem cause i cant just ban it.I have found a hack that bans anyone from jopining the site if they are coming from an open proxy server i dont know if these would give you a different ip everytime you used them but is it worth a try? Or is there another way?
PS : Spammers should all have there heads shaved with cheese graters.

·
Registered
941 Posts
gutlypig said:
:mad:
Just lately ive been getting quite a few spam posts on my site 12-20 a week.My moderators are very much "On the ball" so i dont see many but they seem to be the same spam link every time so i can only presume its the same idiot using a different name i am sure its not a spambot because i have security measures and whoever is posting this has altered the viewing profile (Theme etc) and i havent known a spambot to do this.Also its always a different I.P address which is the real problem cause i cant just ban it.I have found a hack that bans anyone from jopining the site if they are coming from an open proxy server i dont know if these would give you a different ip everytime you used them but is it worth a try? Or is there another way?
PS : Spammers should all have there heads shaved with cheese graters.
I think it would be a good idea to block proxy IP's. It's defiantly worth a try, let me know what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.