Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been accessing the Hulu tv shows streaming website for weeks (www.hulu.com). Suddenly, when I get to the TV->browse page and select a tv show, the site hangs. I use Task Manager to kill it (it takes about ten attempts) and try it again and the same thing happens. This has been going on now for a few days.

I deleted the Temp Internet files - in case that was causing a problem - but it made no difference. I have a second, slower PC that can access Hulu without a problem (though not in full screen mode as this pc is too slow for full screen streaming video; the pc I am having the problem with is fast enough to go full screen, which I why I need to use it).

I tried looking to see if there was a problem with a hulu cookie - but I can't find the cookies folder in Documents and Settings/Admin for the userid (Admin) [the only place cookies folder shows up is in Default User - and it's empty there] There is no folder between ""Application Data" folder and "Desktop" folder

Can someone suggest (1) why this is happening? (I can get to YouTube without a problem) and also (2) tell me where the Cookies folder is for Admin? I can't just delete the cookies via Internet Options as there are valid cookies there for some other sites. And I don't know whether that is even the problem.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Problem pc:
XP = 5.1 SP3
IE = 7.0.5730.13

second, slower PC that works:
XP = 5.1 SP2
IE = 7.0.5730.11

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Try unhiding system and hidden folders in folder properties to find you cookies.

for the hanging browser try this

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab, Tick "Empty Temp Internet Files Folder When Browser Is Closed" Hit OK.

Then follow these instructions

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 read carefully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mumbodog for your help and your suggestions. However, (1) system/hidden files are already marked as "show". And I do see the cookies folder (though empty) for "default user" - just not for Admin.

(2) The pointer to the Microsoft "reset" site is very good. The only problem is that it will also delete all cookies, which I really want to avoid. If I could find the COOKIES directory and save it, and then restore selected ones after the IE resest, that would be good.

Again, thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P.S. And it seems to only be happening with the Hulu site. I don't have this problem with other sites, including YouTube. And again, only on this one pc - not the other.

Is anyone else experiencing any issues with Hulu site?

Thanks again for all assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.