Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JasonS needs help un able to modifiy HTML web page sent to meby someone else, for example i try to change color and it wont let me erase the HTML to change it. I have xp and vista and neither one will work.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
If you are trying to edit the HTML by hand in the FireFox view source window you can't. Just that...you can't even type in that window. Instead you need to use a text editor like notepad.

There are loads of ways to get the code into notepad, the quickest being right clicking the HTML file and selecting Open with>notepad or Open with>Choose default program>notepad (uncheck the always use this box). You could also copy from the FF source window into a blank notepad window, leaving the FF source open for the helpful colour coding. Make sure that you save as a .html file, not a .txt one.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
As "Ent" has already advised, Notepad is a quick and easy way to edit HTML.

If you wanted to be a little more creative and do more things then there are plenty of free HTML editors that you can download from the Internet. I believe that Coffee Cup is a good one - but there are many others.

www.coffeecup.com

T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.