Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HP Pavilion dv6000. The last time I shut it off was just by holding the button down as I was in a rush and now it will not boot.

I get the HP screen and then I just get a black screen with a blinking cursor. I tried all the things listed here.

This laptop has quickplay which allows you to watch dvds without starting the laptop. I read looking up the errors and symptoms that quickplay has a lot of issues, but anyways. I can use quickplay, but when I click the quickplay button it shows the windows load screen that should be shown after the hp screen on regular start up before going to the quickplay screen. I don't remember it doing that ever before this.

I can only press f8 to get into safemode or anything like that when I use the quickplay start up. And when I try to use that I get a large run of messages like

disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3) WINDOWS/system32 < not even it, but it flashes to quick to get.

Then I get a blue screen...

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

STOP: 0x0000008B (0xF9E53524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

So someone suggested knoppix, so I try that out, but when I choose the harddrive I get the error. "The volume is dirty."

I read on this forum about the volume is dirty message, but the fixes all need command prompt which I cannot use.

Anyways let me know what you think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
you need to run a checkdisk, then a system repair... put in your os cd boot to the recovery concile and run chkdsk /r (i believe correct me if im wrong), then reboot and act like you are going to reinstall windows but choose r when prompted for the repair option

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found a disk its XP Home, says for Dell's only on it, but w/e.

I got to repair and get the error

"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed"

This computer doesn't have a floppy drive to install any drivers of sort during this setup with f6.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well that would never do... the easiest way to load your sata drivers on a laptop is with a flash drive, or slipstream the driver into the disk with something like nlite(spelling?)... oh oh, the "dirty volume" on knoppix is most likely referring to an ntfs partition that wasnt unmounted correctly. you can force mount it or shut it down with windows correctly. to bring up a terminal(if it uses gnome) you can hit alt f2 then type gnome-terminal or xterm... i googled your error code and it claimed that the STOP: 0x0000008B is a sign of a funky mbr, you might be able to boot the the recovery console in your xp disk and type fixmbr and it just be that simple... though it rarely is lol

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
On OEM disks like the Dell, Compaq or anyother they are written for specific processors, chipsets etc and can not be interchanged between the different OEM makes and models, they actually are specific for that one make and model computer. What I would suggest is to contact HP tech support and purchase a recovery disk set for your particular make and model computer then do the repair-install from them it will work much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.