Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden my scanner buttons do not work and I get the following error message: Failed to create empty document." I have reinstalled scanner and still no luck. Pls. help as I am not a person use to the computer.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
37,523 Posts
Hiya

I've moved you to Software :)

Which version of Windows are you running? Also, what is the driver version that you have?

Go to Control panel | System. Device Manager. Under Printer, rightclick and choose Properties, Driver tab.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:

Go to Control panel | System. Device Manager. Under Printer, rightclick and choose Properties, Driver tab.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Give this a try.

Find the copy and scan utilities under Start > Programs and activate them one time for each using that method. Close them and then try the buttons on the scanner itself. I have a 4100C H-P scanner that did the same thing after an install and going through that process fixed the problem for me. I don't have a clue as to why.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a hp 4200c and I can/\'t get my winfax pro to work every thing was fine untill I put in xp. I have tryed hp up dates that said they were for xp. It took over 3hr. to download and xp still said it was not comepatable

·
Super Moderator
37,523 Posts
Overlooked this email, sorry:

I did control panel.system.device mgr but did not see something that said
printer. What I did see said "ECP Printer Port(LPT1). Is that the same? Pls.
be patient with me. Appreciate your help.
Does it not state anything with the words HP, or the name of your printer?

Have you tried what Raybro posted? That may work as it was the same problem.

eddie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.