Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HP Scanner 3300C undefined error solved 26/12/2006

After endless trouble with this scanner. A common, very frequently appearing: undefined error occurred. Correspondence with Tech Support and painstaking procedures with DLL's and reg. settings. It was impossible to start the scanner with Word or Abbey Fine reader or with a Photo program like Adobe or AC/DC. The scanner appeared to be dead or non existent, even the light wouldn’t start. The HPsoftware corrupted its program or driver and the HP software had to be reinstalled. I decided to uninstall this HP software and I used the Xp wizard for scanning, which worked at least. So the scanner itself was working, but I had to leave the scanners button functions because they won’t be recognised by XP. You had to make a copy of every page and to store this before you could work with a file. A very long lasting procedure, no way to make a quick copy. The software for this HP scanner is written for W98. No HP update could solve this problem. However, after a bunch of updates with the auto updater for XP, I had the mood to try the scanner again. And to my surprise it worked! So at the end it was a lack of adaptation of both programmes. I prefer the HP 3300 Scanner because he has the ability to scan deeper with a powerful light source which is able to read books, especially in the middle of the pages. The typical scale problem with Office 2003, the page was too large, had also disappeared. So finally this problem is solved.

Bernardus

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Bernardus,
I think I'm having the same problem with my 4200C series. You spoke about auto updater for XP that solved your problem. I am fairly new to XP. What auto updater are you talking about?
thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.