Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

This is the message I am getting in Device Manager. How can I fix this. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but it did not work. I had just reformatted so if anybody knows how or if at all possible to manualy go in the registry and change the info.

I am usually hesitant about messing with the registry but like I said I just reformated so if I mess anything up it wouldnt be a huge nuisance to do it all over again.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I would suggest that you go back into Device Manager and Right-Click on the DVD Writer. Select UNINSTALL to remove the device. Reboot the system and Windows will reinstall it. You'll be asked to reboot again...do it.

This should rebuild any entries pertaining to the device.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I ran Hirens Boot CD. It took it a min to load after I rebooted, but it loaded. I ran some test on the cd/dvd drive and everything passed. So I am just going to do another destructive restore. I have a feeling that will solve my problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.