Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to print photos, I'm getting a lot of black dots in the colors. I cleaned the printer with an HP cleaning kit and then did it manually as well, however, nothing has helped so far. The sponge is saturated with ink and I was wondering if it is possible that is causing the problem. This printer use to do a good job with photos but now it really stinks!!! Any suggestions?

· Registered
335 Posts
does it print word docs out ok?
have u used a refill kit?

sometimes if u use the refill kits the printer will spray too much ink on the paper. if this is the case try buying new ink cartridges. but if your in the same situation i'm in its cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to buy new cartridges. hope i helped a little

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using real HP cartridges and this is something that has happened after I installed this printer to a new HP pavilion 6835 computer. That "sponge" that I'm talking about is located on the far right side - I saw it in the info with the hp printer cleaning kit and that's when I noticed it was saturated with ink (I'm thinking about pulling it out, washing it, letting it dry and putting it back in). The printer does just fine with other printing but printing pictures is out of the question now - I wasted a dozen sheets of good photo paper.
Can you suggest a good low cost printer that does a good job with pictures? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.