Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used HP 4L because I think the old HP lasers are great for the amount of printing I do, and I've found them to be fairly bullet-proof. Recently I noticed dark strip down one side of the pages I was printing, so I decided to clean all the wheels - thinking this was the problem. When I did so, I turned the printer upside down , and after that there were grey strips and splotches all over the paper. I pulled the toner cartridge out and could see that there appeared to be toner ink all over the drum. I wiped the drum clean with tissue paper, but the problem persists, and every time I look at the drum, it has excess toner on it. I've been careful to keep the cartridge upright since turning the printer upside down to clean it . Have I wrecked the toner cartridge or can this be fixed without replacing it? Any suggestions? :confused:

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
You probably need a new toner cartriage. Most if not all of the toner cartriages are refilled since they don't make new cartriages for that printer anymore. Probably the parts inside the cartriage are just worn out. You can try taking the cartriage outside and blowing the excess toner away with a can of air but usually it takes a replacement cartriage to fix the prints. BOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luker:

Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on where to obtain a toner cartridge?

Absolvd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.