Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Win. xp-sp2 ...I.E./Outlook Express

Pleezzzzeeee tell me how i can prevent the little ''cutsies' of animations that are embedded in some emails i receive from 'moving'!!! i would assume they just add 'download' time from my server into O.E.
i know how to get to 'advanced' tab within I.E. but don't know 'what' to check or uncheck or if this is even an Explorer situation or O.E. setting. i tried but couldn't make any headway.
i hate to ask the sender not to include them but i don't want to hurt feelings either ...but... that's a whole other 'advice' column !! LOL :D
thanks in advance - Edythe

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
I'm not sure it's really possible to stop these animations if you're always reading e-mails with HTML content. You could try using Plain Text but it will make things a lot less interesting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure it's really possible to stop these animations if you're always reading e-mails with HTML content. You could try using Plain Text but it will make things a lot less interesting.[/QUOTE\

WOW - funny you should mention not using HTML ... just changed O.E. ''read'' option to 'plain text' - sent the offending email to myself and voila! the animations were sitting in the 'attach' area under subject line (which i can live with-at least they weren't active within the email).
But I didn't change the HTML option in ''send' tab of O.E. because i like to add color to words, enlarge/bold, etc.
I also read that HTML email isn't that 'safe' ? do you agree ? thanks again so much !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.