I have a Vaio VGN - FW31M
I go and look - watch out for an EDIT to this post

Goto
Sony Control Panel in prgrams
Pointing device and disable

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Did you install the touchpad driver from Sony or are you using one that was provided by Windows 7? I'm guessing the latter; you need to install the proper driver.

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Well how about buying a USB key board instead. It'll be so hard if you disable when sometimes you'll need it.
When it's needed you just click on the "Enable" button. :) The only hard part about that is figuring out or remembering the key strokes to get there if you have no mouse.

·
Registered
940 Posts
ah.. So it's net literally disabling it. But how about just placing tape or some paper on the touch pad? Will that help? I know it's kind a joke to hear it like that but wouldn't that help? Because one time I used a laptop with a touch pad i always got irritated when touch it while writing something so just place a card on it and kind solved that irritation.

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
some have a delay adjustment from keyboard to touch pad
short to long.....if you are typing then go to use the touchpad it wont respond for the set time...the time is brief but is usually all that is needed for unintended touches.
The best way to do the setting is open notepad.type some garbage real fast then hit the touchpad...the ideal setting is what it would be for you to hit your last key then naturally go to do a touchpad function

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.