Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help. I've bough Final Fantasy XI yesterday and have played it all the night. I've connected the modem cable directly to the PlayStation2, and all was working fine.

But I want to plug them in network(LAN). So I though I would need a router, but the ingineer guy told me, that with my motherboard (ASUS A7N8X Deluxe), I was able to connect my PS2 to the PC, to use the same internet. He told me that I don't need a router, because I have DUAL LAN and I didn't need to have the PC open, because my 3com network adapter on the motherboard can be active all the time. He also said that I need to create a bridge between both network adapters.

So, I've pluged all the cable to the right place:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Modem Cable -> PC nVidia network adapter

Created a bridge between both network adapter

PC 3com network adapter to PS2 console.
-------------------------------------------------------------

So everything is fine in my network. But I need to config the network adaptor to be always active, how tha hell do I do this?

After that, when I'll go in my PS2 to config the PS2 network adapter, what option I need to choose: 1- ISP connect or 2- LAN connect.

Both of them have the same options, Ip adress: netmask: default router: primary dns: secondary dns:

....i hope one of you have a PS2.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you use DUAL LAN, install the Internet Connection Sharing ( tell windows that the nvidia card will be the primary connection , if windows doesn't do it for you).
Then use option 1 (since PS2 should get all the network info from the secondary LAN card which gets all the net info from primary LAN --nvidia).
Don't have a PS2 , but it's just like another network device that needs IP.
As a side note, you are a brave individual. Having the PC connected to the net. Even though windows cames with some sort of firewall, it's just a matter of time before your pc will became a "zombie" :D.
Invest $ 50 in a cable/DSL router.
HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.