Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound basic to some but I'm a bit perplexed. I've connected my computer to a wireless router. Everything works fine and I can log on to the Internet, no prob. But now, I'd like to connect my girlfriend's computer to the wireless router so she can log on to the internet. Her computer is not set up for true "wireless" so I connected her computer with a phone line into the wireless router. Her computer does have an ethernet card, I believe. But why is it she can't log on?? Why won't the phone line which is inserted into the wireless router allow her to log on to the Internet?

Appreciate what I'm sure is a simple explanation to this problem.

Thank you all!!

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I hope this "phone line" is really a CAT5 cable, or that would be the first thing you need to change! The router won't interface with a phone modem in the laptop, it requires an Ethernet port and a CAT5 Ethernet cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.