Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
is this a home network - if so you should be able to go into the router settings and change the lease period

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Did you try the obvious first, uninstall ZA?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you ask your ISP?
you mentioned you have a LAN you should have a router or switch. Which one?
Are you directly connected to the internet and sharing the internet to others?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All i have is a 1 port Cable modem and Ethernet adapter..... And i just realised i dont have a LAN.. got a bit confused. Im directly connected to the net and not sharing with anyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm.. i've managed to temporarily get the Lease to 1 day instead of 1 hour by "repairing" the
connection after i connect. But once i disconnect then reconnect it goes back to 1 hour and i have to "repair" again...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe Zone Alarm hasnt left your computer completely try a windows registry Repair and call up ur ISP check if its a problem. if you believe its windows, there is one sure way to get back on track Reformat (I would do that, but not many people would...)

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

·
Registered
22,468 Posts
Since you are directly connecting to your cable modem, and getting your IP address assigned from that modem, what is the symptom you are experiencing. For example, is there some pop-up window showing a new IP address? Have you talked with the cable company to see that it isn't a problem with their modem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exactly an hour after I enable the internet, it disables itself (cutting off all downloads ect) then re-enables itself. This started for the 1st time a few days ago once I installed Zone Alarm Pro.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.