Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how to ask this.... what do I do to select the often used in a selection box.
Like if I want to delete a file and confirmation was on a box would come up and ask if I really want to delete the file with a yes or no as an option and lets say yes was the one most used so the yes box would be selected and all you have to do is hit ENTER or click the mouse button.

I had this working before my computer had to go into the shop where they had to reload XP. Now I can not remember what I did to set that up before. I hope someone knows what I am talking about....:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rainforest123 but I guess I used a bad example on what I wanted. I already had that set as your link described. If I down load a picture or a file ect... the box that comes up gives me the choice to save or cancel. As save is the most likely choice seeing that you opted to save it the SAVE button would be selected so hitting ENTER or mouse click (because the pointer goes to that box) is all that is needed. Sorry for the misunderstanding --- my bad :eek:

Any ideas on that one. Like I said there is a way to do it but I can not remember what it was I did.

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
I don't know if the following is exactly what you are looking for either but if you go to Control Panel/Mouse and on the Pointer Options tab there is a selection box to check to Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box.

That's not the most likely action that you might be taking but it is the default action associated with that dialog popup.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you fairnooks :) That is what I was looking for. I better jot that down somewhere for the next forgetful time. Thanbks again:up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.