Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone ,
I wonder if I create a xp system restore point every week or every day or once a month
I wonder how far back in time I can get system restore to go back .
can I go back six months if I create a system restore every month for six months .
In Norton go back I could only go back about five days , I do not have it anymore on my pc
And the last time I used system restore I was able to go back two weeks , I wonder if thats the limit ??
But I did accidently reset my restore point space from the maximum 1024 mb to the minimum 30 mb so I am thinking maybe thats the reason I could only go back two weeks ..
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
429 Posts
You can definitely go back well over a month, if you have a large enough storage space, The time you go back to varies, according to how many points are created. If you do a lot of updates/installations during a period, your space can disappear pretty quickly. My system at work, where I have very little in the way of changes, currently goes back 4 months, and the storage space is only 4297MB. my storage at home is a lot larger (some 70,000MB), but only goes back 3 months, because I do a lot more things at home that trigger restore point creation. Some programs can produce a restore point every time you run them. (Example: Spybot can be set to do a restore point every time it removes something).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.