Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to create a password so that it's required to be entered when your computer is booted up? I live an apartment at college with friends and we often mess with each other's computers in the name of fun, when they can't get around my screen saver password they just hit the reset button. In my BIOS I have the option for a supervisor password and a user password, I've entered in a user password but nothing has come up when I reboot. Do I have to enable the feature somewhere else in the BIOS? Thanks.

· Registered
21,875 Posts
That password is for protecting the BIOS settings from being changed. You could set up a windows logon using profiles and then set one up for no password. Use poledit and set up that particular profile so they cannot access any items...control panel, network, explorer....NOTHING. Another trick you can do is go to their computers...make a screenshot of their desktop and set it as a wallpaper. Then, create a folder and toss all of their desktop items into it. Set their taskbar to minimize and let the fun begin. They will be clicking like mad on icons that are just pictures....Ahhh sophmoric humor...too bad I never went to college, but I would have drank too much...LOL

· Registered
2,039 Posts
Rockn that is definately something that I am going to have fun with :D :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.