Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant seem to find the data when im exploring the CD...do I have to install it and then find the folder?

I got some answers from another forum, but I need some more before I install the game:

its most likely in some weird format. IE, all the sound effects for the whole game might be in a file called sounds.vma of which you wont be able to access unless someone has made availible a tool for opening their compression.

Once installed I believe the sound effects for that particular game are all nicely organsied MP3/WAVs

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Sometimes the sounds are accessible, other times they are not. As mentioned, they are probably in a compressed file on the CD to save space, so if they are accessible at all, then they would have to be installed.

Even after it is installed, however, they might not be accessible. They could be in another compressed file that the game itself unpacks as it is run, or they might be in a different file format that only the game can read. If they do get unpacked into neat sound files, then they would be in the game directory, probably under a folder called 'Audio', or something like that. Either way, if you can't easily get to it on the CD, then you most likely have to at least install it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
last i herd that game was made with the same engine as halflife2.
so tell me this, is there a .gcf file anywhere within the folder for the game?
they are usually large in size

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.