Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer was acting crazy. Upon advice from people on this site, I hunted down spyware and got rid of it. My computer was acting fine for 2 days, and now it is totally haywire. I am getting random "Error writing to disk" messages, saying files or data may be lost. (I am running on Win98 btw) I also shut the comp off, and upon rebooting could not get the computer to the start in safe mode screen. I wanted to run a scanreg/restore. I think I want to repartition and reformat my hard drive, but holding control upon startup gets me nowhere. Is there another way? I have to say, I just tried running Adaware and got a triangle with an exclamation point in it saying "Error during scan..Z-Demon" and something in parenthesis that looks like German following. Underneath is said no problems detected. I tried running spybot, and it froze. I am doing a virus scan right now. Its been a long time coming and I just want my computer to run right again. I have a windows98 installer cd, but that is about it. My floppy drive decided it wanted to stop working after a virus (I'm assuming). I just want this comp back to nill but windows, there isnt any important data on it. Please help lol.

·
Registered
781 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.