Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making up some cards for a presentation. They have two sides. One side has a clip art object on it. The other side is supposed to be a solid gold color. For the backs, what I did is simply make rectangle shapes in my word processor (corel word perfect, but I also have ms word from xp suite), then fill with gold color. Then I print them out on glossy photo paper and laminate them.

They look okay, but I need the backs of the cards to have a very rich, dazzling gold color, maybe even some kind of gradient, so that they really seem to dazzle.

I don’t know squat about Illustrator or any of those…I have: word perfect8, ms word, publisher, front page, all from office XP, plus Ulead photo impact6, though I don't know much about it.

Again, I just want some splashy, vivid gold color for the backs. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If you don't want to waste computer ink on this for the gold why not try going to the craft store and buying a gold stamp pad or something like that to put the gold on the back. You can also get a clear ink stamp pad and gold embossing powerder. You stamp the paper with the clear stamp and then sprinkle on the embossing powder and shake off the excessive, then you use an embossing heat gun and the embossing powder melts into a nice metalic gold. The stamp embossing powerders come in various colors and so do the stamp pads. Maybe you could buy some shinny gold scrapbooking paper and cut that to size and glue stick it on the back? Not sure if these suggesitons will work for what you want to do but since I run a craft club and do a ton of crafts just thought I would throw them out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.