Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read something on the Windows website that says Media Center Edition 2005 has a power option called Away Mode. The settings it has are perfect for me, but it is not in my powercfg utility. Is there an extension I can download for the program to get Away Mode? Please note I'm not talking about one of the Power Schemes. I'm talking about a whole seperate power mode available that turns off the monitor, mutes the sound and slows down the graphics and CPU.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Note: Away mode is not installed as part of Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Away mode is available only if the following conditions are true:
• The Away mode component was preinstalled by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or system builder.
• The Away mode component was preinstalled on a new Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer that supports Away mode technology."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sp1key said:
"Note: Away mode is not installed as part of Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Away mode is available only if the following conditions are true:
• The Away mode component was preinstalled by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or system builder.
• The Away mode component was preinstalled on a new Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer that supports Away mode technology."
So if I am the system builder, how do I get it to be "pre-installed"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.