Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Outlook 2002 and would like to be able to create hyperlinks, but instead of it showing the whole address as the link, have a single word.....so it looks something like "If you want to read more, click HERE" so that you can click on HERE and it takes you to the link........thanks

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
kaihead
This is how I do it in OE, Do not know if Outlook is the same.

Create hyperlink using the insert feature in the body of E-mail then go to source and change the a href= string as I show in the attached text file.
Dave

I used an example of Google and you will see in the line it listed it twice one is the hyperlink and the other is the text that will display in its place.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Click where you want the hyperlink to be, click insert>hyperlink>put it in the box that appears>click ok. You can even attach it to a word by highlighting the word first like you were going to copy and paste it. Works the same in OE.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, the second method you mention is the only way it worked. If I just click where I want to insert a link, click insert hyperlink, enter the address and click ok, it actually shows the address. It works right if I type a word to act as the hyperlink text, select it, then insert a hyperlink. The highlighted word then becomes a link.

Thanks for the information! That's exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
62,561 Posts
Man glad I use Netscape Messenger because it's real easy. I just right click and pick "Insert New Link". A box come up and you have a place for the link and one for the name you want. Or you can type your message and go back and highlight a word and right click and pick "Create Link Using Selected" and paste you link.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.