Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 96 ram, and I want to add more. I have an AMD K7 processor, and I was told I need to find out what is compatible with my motherboard. My question is, how do I find out what my motherboard is, and then what is compatible. The company that I purchased my computer through is out of business, so I can't call them. I'm an avid gamer, and I need to add the memory for an expansion that I just bought. Thanks for your help, And Happy New Year.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
:cool: Hello Gravyboy,

Go HERE and download BeLarc Advisor and install it on your computer. It will identify your motherboard as well as the other components installed. Then goHERE to get the correct memory. Good Luck. KW1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guy's. That helped a lot. But looking for the right memory chip is proving harder then I thought. I seem to have an older version than what's available right now. How do I find out which card is compatible with my version? By the way, I happened upon this site by chance, and it really rocks!! I'm going to be sure to tell all my friends. We all need a little help with our machines at times. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Go to www.crucial.com They have a great memory finder and will show you the proper memory for your board.

I am assuming you now know the make and model of the board.

SeeYa

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
:D Hey Gravy,

Post the info. Belarc found about your motherboard and we'll help you find the right memory for it.

See ya, KW1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.